Now that you’ve rested for 2 months, time to come back to Fleur de Lis! All parishioners 55 and older are welcome to join our group. Dues are $10.00 per year. Our first meeting is Thursday, August 23rd. We will have Mass at 6:00 pm followed immediately by dinner in the Clunan Center. More Occasions by Marcie will cater pork tenderloin and lots of veggies, salad, and dessert. $10.00 per person. Please call Fred or Cathy at 685-1934 by Monday, August 20th to make a reservation.
Aug. 19th & Sept. 23rd • 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
There Is a Simple Way to Understand People! Learn how people behave and how they are motivated. Enjoy this fun and interactive workshop designed to help you identify your communication style & get a better understanding of the other three communication styles.
Learn how to reduce stress, conflict, improve productivity, and relate with others more effectively. Unlock the key to developing good people skills and creating better relationships.
Understand yourself better & Understand others better! Workshop is FREE & will meet in the Choir Room. Seating is limited to the first 20 people to make reservations at: Lisamdavid15@gmail.com. Please direct all questions to this email address.
An Invitation from Archbishop Peter Sartain
Dear Friends, by God’s grace, I will be celebrating the 40th anniversary of my ordination to the priesthood with Mass at St. Louis Catholic Church on Thursday, July 12th at 6:00 pm. This Mass will give me the opportunity to thank God for the gift of the priesthood and especially for the support and prayers offered to me as a young man and priest by your parish and the Catholic Community of Memphis. I am not sending out formal invitations, and everyone is cordially invited.
Though I now live far away in Seattle, Memphis is still home, and I will always be grateful for your love, prayers, and support. I’d appreciate a prayer that I will serve the people of the Archdiocese of Seattle as the Lord desires. Thank you and God Bless! Archbishop Sartain
St. Louis Catholic Church in Memphis, Tennessee is seeking a talented, enthusiastic Director of Music to enhance all aspects of music ministry for its tradition rich parish of 2000 families. The ideal candidate for this full-time position with benefits would continuously strive for excellence by electrifying cantors, musicians, and the congregation to produce high quality, joyful music that supports the liturgy.
- Plan and coordinate the Church’s music program, providing leadership and resources to any other musician active in the program
- Plan, research, and select appropriate music (hymns and choral anthems which reflect the liturgical season and readings for the day)
- Play the organ for three or more liturgies per weekend, holy days, funerals, weddings, and other liturgies as needed
- Schedule choirs and cantors for all liturgies
- Direct adult and children’s choirs
- Plan and conduct rehearsals for the choirs and volunteer cantors
- Meet with families to plan liturgies for funerals
- Supervise the maintenance of all instruments including a 1999 Casavant-Freres pipe organ (Opus 3785) with II manuals and 22 ranks plus 6 prepared on the console
- Maintain the choral library
- Maintain professional competency by practicing, performing, and reading professional journals
- $50K salary or higher based on experience and qualifications
- Health insurance and 403(b) retirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music (Master’s Degree a plus) along with demonstrated organ, piano, and vocal skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in parish music ministry
- Knowledge of choral and instrument conducting
- Knowledge of sacred choral literature
- Multi denomination experience a plus but should be familiar with the Catholic Mass and appropriate music for the Mass
- Strong interpersonal skills that help recruit talented people to improve the music ministry
- Ability to work with a range of ideas from the Pastor, choir, and others involved in the music ministry to get people engaged and excited
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
Please email your resume to Father Jolly Sebastian, Pastor of St. Louis Catholic Church, at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15.
Due to popular demand, a new, improved sound system will be installed in the Church this month. Mass will be celebrated in the Clunan Center beginning on Monday, June 18th. The installation is projected to be completed by Friday, June 29th. We apologize for the inconvenience and we are excited to begin enjoying this upgrade to enhance our worship experience at Mass soon!
St. Louis Catholic School has an opening for a 7th8th grade Spanish teacher for school year 2018-19.
- Deliver approved Spanish curriculum using engaging learning strategies with an emphasis on fulfilling all Spanish I skills to the mastery level by the end of 8th grade
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment using effective classroom management strategies
- Maintain and update online gradebooks, calendars, and class webpages and effectively and efficiently communicate with parents and students
- Work as a team member of the SLS Junior High Faculty with a positive attitude and a prayer-filled spirit
- Bachelor degree (Masters preferred) in Spanish
- Teaching certificate in the state of Tennessee, or in progress
- Experience and love for working with 7th and 8th grade students
- Strong communication skills in both Spanish and English, written and spoken
- Be a practicing member of the Catholic church or have knowledge of ways to integrate Catholic doctrine into Spanish concepts
The Hole-in-One Summer Festival begins on Sunday, June 17th and continues through Saturday, June 23rd. Don’t miss this fun family event with golfing and great food!