St. Louis Catholic School is seeking a Guidance Counselor who primarily will work with 5th grade through 8th grade. The successful candidate will join our guidance team in addressing pertinent topics that provide career guidance, academic development, and personal and social development. The Guidance Counselor must be able to incorporate Catholic Identity and mission in all aspects of their work with students, parents, and teachers.
The Role of the School Counselor
- Assist school administrators and educators with planning and carrying out school-related programs and events.
- Analyze student performance in the classroom to provide guidance and identify potential problems.
- Provide classroom, individual, and small group guidance regarding academic success, career development, safety and wellness, and social and emotional learning
- Learn students’ names, career objectives and other details to better serve the students.
- Work collaboratively with both Learning Lab and SOARing teachers in efforts to meet the individual academic needs of students.
- Help students develop academic plans in accordance with their skills, talents, and strengths
- Communicate with students, teachers, parents and administrators on an ongoing basis about behavioral and academic problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology and /or education
- Complete a graduate degree with an approved preparation program in school guidance and counseling or currently enrolled in an approved program for school guidance and counseling.
- Certification or working toward guidance counselor certification
- Experience working with middle school students
- Excellent communication and organization skills
If interested in applying for this position please contact the school Principal, Teddi Niedzwiedz at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 901-255-1900.